Tuesday, July 12, 2011

paper monogram napkin rings

DIY Tutorial from the wedding shower #1-- Monogrammed Napkin Rings

This past weekend I hosted a bridal shower for my friend Kristen and I was NOT a good photographer... I failed to get a picture of the food tables. (total fail) But I was able to capture of few of my projects that went into the shower for some fabulous tutorials!

Napkin rings seem so formal, right?? Well, not mine... they were paper and cost a total of about $3.00 to make 20 of them.

Here are the steps with help from some pictures. You will need a glue stick, scissors, monogram, card stock and a hot glue gun.
#1 Cut strips of card stock about 4" X 1". This will be the base.

#2 Create and print on Word the monogram you plan to use. Remember the Bride's name first, then in a larger font is the groom's last name, then the groom's name. The font I chose to use was French script and the size was 72 99 72 for the initials.

#3 Paste the monogram into the center of the card stock with a glue stick. Be sure to glue it down completely on all 4 corners to prevent curling.

#4 Roll the silverware in the napkin.

#5 Wrap the napkin with the ring and hot glue it shut.

VIOLA!

I am linking up to:


The Girl Creative


Tip Junkie handmade projects



No comments:

Post a Comment